Charles Co. college students honored with Carson Scholar Awards (UPDATE)
5 college students from Charles County Public Faculties (CCPS) have been lately named 2021 Carson Students. The Carson Students program rewards college students for his or her glorious tutorial efficiency, humanitarian abilities, and neighborhood service.
Honored This 12 months As New Carson Fellows Battle of Keith, fifth grade, William A. Diggs Elementary Faculty; Grant Cooper, fifth grade, Dr. James Craik Elementary Faculty; Liliana gordon, junior, North Level Excessive Faculty; Makenna harrington, fourth grade, Dr. Thomas L. Higdon Elementary Faculty; and Aurora Larkin, fifth grade, Billingsley Elementary Faculty.
As Carson Students, these college students obtain a university scholarship of $ 1,000. Carson Students are eligible for the annual scholarship renewal so long as they keep excessive tutorial requirements and a dedication to their communities.
College students are nominated by their respective college for recognition as a Carson Fellow. The choice course of is aggressive and round 500 new researchers throughout the nation are chosen every year.
Eight different CCPS college students obtained scholarship renewals as 2021 Acknowledged Carson Fellows. Acknowledged Students are college students who’ve obtained the distinction in earlier years. They’re:
- Noah cusack, freshman, Maurice J. McDonough Excessive Faculty (third recognition);
- Alyssa gerhart, senior, North Level (eighth recognition);
- Kiley grollman, sixth 12 months, Piccowaxen Center Faculty (second recognition);
- Jayden hill, fifth grade, Dr. Gustavus Brown Elementary Faculty (second recognition);
- Fairly Lombardi, first 12 months scholar, La Plata highschool (fifth recognition);
- Nya whitney, seventh 12 months, Milton M. Somers Center Faculty (third recognition);
- Benjamin williamson, second 12 months, North Level (fifth recognition); and
- Emily Winkler, junior, La Plata (second recognition).
Every year, the Carson Students Fund awards school scholarships of $ 1,000 to a choose group of scholars in Grades 4 via 12. These college students exhibit distinctive tutorial success and will need to have a minimal common of three.75.
The Carson Students Fund was based in 1994 by pediatric neurosurgeon Benjamin S. Carson to inspire and reward tutorial excellence in younger individuals. The fund has awarded greater than 7,000 scholarships and has teachers in all states and Washington, DC
Go to the Carson Students web site at www.carsonscholars.org for extra info.