Young people eligible to win college scholarships when vaccinated in Ulster County – Daily Freeman
KINGSTON, NY – Children ages 12 to 17 who receive the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine in designated locations in Ulster County will be eligible to win a college scholarship, County Director Pat said on Sunday. Ryan.
The names of the young people will be entered into a draw for one of two two-year scholarships offered by the SUNY Ulster Foundation.
Ulster County is participating in the state’s health department’s “Vax to School” initiative by offering gymnasiums at nine public high schools in the county on the weekends of October and November, said Ryan.
“With schools now fully open, it is essential that we continue to provide access to vaccines to our students in a safe and effective manner,” Ryan said in a statement.
The shots will be offered as follows.
• Saturday, October 2, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Kingston High School, 403 Broadway.
• Sunday, October 3, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Wallkill Senior High School, 90 Robinson Drive.
• Saturday, October 16, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saugerties Senior High School, 310 Washington Ave.
• Sunday, October 17, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Rondout Valley High School, 122 Kyserike Road, Accord.
• Saturday, October 23, 10 am to 5 pm, New Paltz High School, 130 S. Putt Corners Road.
• Sunday, October 24, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Onteora High School, 4166, route 28, Boiceville.
• Saturday, November 13, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Ellenville High School, 28 Maple Ave.
• Sunday, November 14, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Highland High School, 320 Pancake Hollow Road.
• Saturday, November 20, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Marlboro High School, 50 Cross Road.
Appointments are privileged (registration on vaccinateulster.com), but appointments will be accepted.
• • •
Here are the latest local COVID-19 statistics.
• Dutchess County: 709 reported Sunday, three fewer than the day before. (The peak was 2,576 on January 16.)
• Ulster County: 473 reported on Friday, down 43 from the previous day. (The peak was 2,622 on January 30.) Ulster County does not release COVID statistics on weekends.
Latest positivity rates
• Dutchess County: 3.3%
• Ulster County: 2.7%
History of the pandemic
• Dutchess County: 33,960 confirmed cases, 487 deaths. (No new deaths reported on Sunday.)
• Ulster County: 18,008 confirmed cases, 17,256 recoveries, 279 deaths. (Two new deaths reported on Friday.)
Data from Saturday, according to the New York State online vaccine tracker.
• County of Ulster: 64.4% of the population fully vaccinated, 71.1% with at least one dose of a two-dose schedule, 81.2% of the population 18 years and over with at least one dose .
• Dutchess County: 59.2% fully vaccinated, 66.4% with at least one dose of a two-dose regimen, 76.6% of the 18+ population with at least one dose.
• Go to: vaccinateulster.com, bit.ly/dut-vax, bit.ly/ny-vaxme.
For local online coverage related to the coronavirus, visit dailyfreeman.com/tag/coronavirus.